Help Needed - A Problem with Tabs

Could someone please help with my Tabbed tiddler “Dashboard”.
The content of plain tiddler “requirements” is shown ok.
The content of Tiddlers “demo” and “template” are not shown in tabbed tiddler.
Is the problem with the content because these tiddlers are using the details plugin.
Can this problem be resolved?
Any help is much appreciated.
TW is here
Thanks Sunny

The problem is in your filters in tiddlers:

• demo
  • template

Simply had some text (anything) in these tiddlers and check again

I don’t think it has to do with details, but more likely to do with working with currentTiddler, in getTids when you might need currentTab instead. However, I don’t really understand what you’re trying to do, and when I make that change, there is a horrible responsiveness issue in editing demo. But this might get you started. You might turn off edit preview mode before attempting it.

@FRDV @Scott_Sauyet
Thanks for your replies.
Adding text in the tddlers does not resolve the issue, sorry.

The demo and template tiddlers both work as individual tiddlers, you can see the result that I want there no problem.
I have tried a similar exercise with the “Task Dashboard” in the same TW, but each of the individual tiddlers there “ToDo” “Doing” and “Done” are in a table with divs.
It may be better to put things in a table but I would run out of space, hence I tried using a Tabbed Tiddler so that the list can expand significantly.
There seems to be a problem with Tabs not showing things that made dynamically from other tiddlers. If I change the getTids tiddler as you suggest it may work in the Tabbed tiddler but maybe not the individual ones ?
I will try your suggestion Scott and let you know how I get on
Thank you both,
Sunny

To handle rendering in BOTH individual tiddlers and tabbed tiddlers, you can add this line to the start of your “demo” and “template” tiddlers (after the macro definitions, of course):

<$tiddler tiddler=<<currentTab>>>

When your tiddlers are rendered within tabs, the value of <<currentTab>> is defined and the $tiddler widget sets the <<currentTiddler>> value that is then used within the getTids() macro. When your tiddlers are rendered as individual tiddlers, the value of <<currentTab>> is NOT defined, so invoking the $tiddler widget effectively does nothing, and the <<currentTiddler>> value is retained as is.

enjoy,
-e

1 Like

@Scott_Sauyet
Tried using currentTab but it just caused problems with the wiki.
When I managed to save the changed tiddler it was showing plugins and other tiddlers which were not required or relevant. It slowed the wiki so much that an error message came up saying so.
It looks like a table of some sort may be required or another method altogether
The tiddles were based on the reply to @DaveGifford 's 3 level filter problem by @Brian_Radspinner.
@DaveGifford did re-post his problem and provided his eventual solution but it was for a more complicated use than mine.
Thanks,
Sunny

I spent so long typing my reply to @Scott_Sauyet that I didn’t notice that you had already provided the solution.
It worked as you suggested (why wouldn’t it).
Thank you @EricShulman, for showing how it should be done.
Sunny

1 Like

Hey @Sunny,

If you’re all set, please go ahead and mark the post (by @EricShulman, or whoever solved your problem) as “Solution”…

That way, folks browsing the forum know it’s not still needing further attention. :grin:

Thanks!

Sorry, I forgot.
Post marked as requested.
Sunny

1 Like