Help in moving nodeJS based wiki from glitch.com to a seperate server

Hello tiddlers!

I’ve been a quite happy user of nodejs tiddlywiki for a while now. I have been using a template from glitch.com (this one: https://glitch.com/~krystal-tiddlywiki) and running it on glitch. Running it on glitch means that it needs to “boot up” every time I haven’t used it for a while tho and I’d like to avoid that.

I recently bought a small server with nodejs application capability but I’m a bit lost on how to get the thing I have on glitch to how to even setup the tiddlywiki on the server I have.

The server has a front end which has “create nodejs” as an option and then leads to this:

I would really appreciate if anyone would be willing to walk me through this a little bit!

Thanks

Hi Brin,

Without knowing the provider you want to use we don’t know what to do next.

They should have a step by step tutorial, how to setup a Node.js app that is available with npm. IMO that’s the way to go.

Hello, thanks for the response pmario. It ended up leading me into a good direction. The hosting provider is using directadmin so I’m currently following this: How To Deploy Node.js App/Website on Cpanel or DirectAdmin Hosting - YouTube

Okay so I have tiddlywiki installed on the server via the npm package, however I do not have access to the terminal of the server. This means I can’t simply run tiddlywiki --server via the terminal.

But i can setup cron-jobs, does anyone have a clue how I could setup a cron job that runs the command that setup the server?

There needs to be more info from your provider about how to start a Node.js app everytime the server is started. That’s a problem everyone has, so have a closer look at the docs they provide.

Or go to their support forum and ask there.