Gitsaver on a shared webhost

Hi! I’ve got my wiki saving to my github repository and it works great within the context of TiddlyDesktop. I’m also mirroring the repository on my shared web hosting account within a subfolder of the web root (although password protected). I’m now hoping to be able to send my changes to github by working with my site through a web browser. It looks like the configuration info for the gitsaver is the same online as on my desktop machine but the web version says “XMLHttpRequest error code 404” when I try to save.

Wondering if what I’m trying to do is possible, and if anyone has any tips on what I might try next.

In $:/ControlPanel > Saving > GitHub Saver, check all the settings. Make sure you actually type in a value for each, even if the default value looks right.

Also note that GitHub changed the “target branch for saving” default from “master” to “main”, but if you are using an older respository, your branch name might still be “master”.

-e

Hmm. I do have a value for every box, and it is working from my Mac via TiddlyDesktop. I have main and not master. Maybe I need a separate personal access code for the instance on the web server?