Git hub saver not working due to Git Changes: Solution

Git hub seems to be not deploying my updates to my wiki. It’s uploading to the repository but not publishing.

My last deployment is two weeks ago.
I’m not sure if it’s a git or TW problem, but I hadn’t changed anything TW side.

5.3.4. Was my last success but adding a test tiddler just now doesn’t deploy.

Any more git savvy peeps any insight?

1 Like

Browsers do cache wikis from GH. So you need to reload the page with SHIFT reload click. I also have to do that with TW-com

Hi mario,

That was my initial thought.

I’ve tried six browsers over two devices and private browsing. The github deployments page says that the last deployment two weeks ago. Even though today’s changes have been committed they haven’t been deployed.

1 Like

Is the repository public? If so, would you be willing to share it?

It would be surprising if TW version changes caused this behavior, but logs of GH builds might tell us a lot.

I agree, but you lot are the gitiest people I know :slight_smile:

I have raised a github ticket aswell so see if they get back to me.

Git hub has replied!

So here is the answer in case anyone else is experiencing this:

The reason for this is because GitHub Actions is disabled, and as of the end of June 2024, GitHub disabled legacy pages building, and GitHub Actions is now required to be enabled on a repository in order to build GitHub Pages websites.

To enable GitHub Actions on a repository, you can follow this guide in our docs, once that is enabled, you can push a commit to the main branch to trigger a page build.

4 Likes

Ahh my thought was to go look at the history of GH Actions and see why they failed. I guess that wouldn’t have to worked if they weren’t even on! :wink:.

Glad you found it

1 Like