GettingStarted tiddler on tiddlywiki.com not showing any results?

When viewing the “TiddlyWiki on the Web” tiddler, it shows a set of “flex-card-external” buttons, each of which opens a URL in a separate tab. However, if you expand the “TiddlyWiki on the Web” TOC branch and then navigate directly to any of the tiddlers in that branch, they each display no content because their text fields are empty.

I suggest that the text field for each of those tiddlers should contain:

<a href={{!!url}} target="_blank">{{!!url}}</a>

so that they will provide a proper link to the respective web site.

Alternatively, they could contain something like this:

@@width:fit-content;.tc-cards.tc-cards-vertical
<$macrocall $name="flex-card-external" backgroundcolor={{!!background-color}} textcolor={{!!text-color}} captionField="caption"/>
@@

which will render the same “flex-card-external” button that is shown in the “TiddlyWiki on the Web” tiddler.

-e

Thank you. After struggling mightily with my simplified permalinks changes, it’s quite refreshing to have a change deployed a few hours after it’s proposed!

And I didn’t even have to create a PR! :slight_smile:

(And please don’t take this as griping. While I’m disappointed that my permalinks change hasn’t made it all the way, I do understand the various reasons for the delay. I’ve run open-source projects myself, and we’ve never been particularly quick. Certainly never a few hours quick!)

Thanks @EricShulman I actually went with a custom view template segment:

Happily, lots of less controversial changes do get merged quite quickly. It would be helpful to be able to track time-to-merge statistics directly in GitHub.

“Welcome” is now the very first link shown in the TableOfContents. When someone clicks on this link, they are shown just a bullet list of tiddler titles, without any other information. This presents a less than ideal initial experience for new visitors. To remedy this, I suggest that the “Welcome” tiddler should contain some helpful guiding text.

At the very least, it could simply transclude the HelloThere content, followed by the Welcome branch of the TOC, like this:

<$transclude $tiddler="HelloThere"/>

''For more information, please select a topic:''
<div class="tc-table-of-contents"><<toc-selective-expandable "Welcome">></div>

-e

That makes sense to me. I thought I was doing a quick-and-dirty proof-of-concept, and had no idea it would be picked up so quickly. What’s there now is simply my usual approach for any TOC tiddler that I haven’t yet written. Your suggestion sounds like a good default.

Thanks @EricShulman fixed in Improve content of "Welcome" tiddler · TiddlyWiki/TiddlyWiki5@5490b78 · GitHub