Full screen on startup?

I suspect this was raised before, in which case apologies for the duplicate post.

I want to open my TW in full screen mode when on mobile. The below action works fine upon clicking a button but it does not work as a startup action:

<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-full-screen"/>

Is this a current limitation of TW in that action messages cannot be invoked prior to launching all TW modules on startup? If it’s not then how could I make it work?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @hubertgk sadly this is a browser limitation. Going full screen can only be triggered from within a user interaction.

It’s to guard against attacks such as creating a webpage that immediately goes full screen and renders a fake Chrome user interface, with a fake address bar. If the user then types “facebook.com” the fake Chrome can put up a fake password dialogue and harvest the users password.

1 Like

Thank you Jeremy for the detailed explanation. That’s absolutely fine and justified and something I wasn’t aware of.

I’ve added a full screen button onto my sidebar instead :slight_smile:

Best regards

2 Likes

In fact, it’s more convenient to add a fullscreen shortcut,like use alt f

Right. Though this thread never mentioned browser activation in KIOSK MODE. For some situations kiosk mode is an excellent full screen control experience.

Just a comment, TT

If you open your wiki in Chrome > click the ellipsis > add to home screen, it should open full-screen every time you click the shortcut (at least on Android).

2 Likes