Fishing, flashcard in TiddlyWiki, add new features to help remember tiddler more efficiently in release v1.2.0

New Features

support

• adjust review schedule for each tiddler group
  • pin filter expression and set alias

See detailed features at Fishing — v1.2.0

3 Likes

Thank you @oflg! I see more improvement in the new release!
It is also easier than before!

I am not sure if you released a video tutorial? If so please add a link in the first page of wiki!

Searching for a tag is great!
It also good to list few of a categories to be in view without doing a search! (I mean when you click on Fish icon on the sidebar)

I didn’t make a video tutorial and will consider making some text and gif tutorials if it makes Fishing easier to use.

1 Like

@Mohammad I have added some more detailed text tutorials in Fishing — v1.2.0

1 Like
  • I read through the doc and found it very helpful.
  • Now creating new card is easy

More suggestion:

• have a glossary or definitions like usage Fishing — v1.2.3
    • how a card works?
    • what fields are used?

I understood that:

• a card (is a tiddler)

• the question/term is always the card/tiddler title
    • the answer is always the card/tiddler body
  • caption can be used instead of title for question term

• when a card is displayed, the caption has higher priority over the title

Cloze and Q&A

I may suggest a card/tiddler to have more than one inout box! eg.

Tiddlywiki is the .... wiki in the world. I love it a .....

Long questions in tiddler title are not good looking and I may recommend the way Soren uses in TiddlyRemember and his Zettelkasten (https://github.com/sobjornstad/TiddlyRemember)

@Mohammad Your understanding is correct.

The two “input box” and “long question” problems, can be solved by DIY {{||questionTemplate}}.

The qaTemplate used in the tutorial is just a {{||questionTemplate}} example. All users can make one themselves, or edit it, or get a template shared by others according to their needs.

For example, edit the qaTemplate to this will solve the “long question” problem:

<div style="max-width:500px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;white-space:nowrap;">
Q: {{!!title}}
</div>
A: 
<div style="font-size:15px;">

<$edit-text tiddler="$:/temp/fishing" placeholder="type your answer" minHeight="20px" class="tc-edit-texteditor tc-edit-texteditor-body"/>
<$reveal default={{$:/temp/fishing}} type="nomatch" text="" animate="yes">
<$reveal state=<<folded-state>> type="match" text="show" animate="yes">
<$diff-text source={{$:/temp/fishing}} dest={{!!text}}/>
</$reveal>
</$reveal>
</div>

And any other shape of question term can be generated by using more {{||questionTemplate}}

Shaping the question term by {{||questionTemplate}} requires hands-on skills or share from others. Normal use of adding question term in caption is enough.

The TiddlyRemember’s .... is useful to make {{||clozeTemplate}}!

Thank you! It just truncate the long question and is better than previous one except you cannot read the question and you may not understand what is the question!

Ignore if not relevant
This is just a suggestion! I may recommend the way TiddlyRemeber do the job! have the q&a in the tiddler body!

1 Like

Haha, I understand now.

It’s the design makes it must be show in title area :frowning:

Font-size css can also make it smaller.