Firefox "TypeError: etagInfo is null" on node.js

Hi everyone, Nick here, used TW in the olden days and have returned with new enthusiasm.

I run TW on node.js in a fairly standard way - tiddlywiki MyWiki --listen port=8090 host=0.0.0.0.

I can then access the wiki from my lan at http://10.0.0.100:8090 - in any browser.

I set up a DNS CNAME for 10.0.0.100 - mywiki.mydomain.dom (in local DNS server). I can then access the wiki fine via Safari/Edge but not on Firefox, when I get the following error:

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi @NickB – good to see you back, and I hope you’ll enjoy the updates to TiddlyWiki.

The error message suggests that TW isn’t getting the “Etag” header – perhaps you can compare the network traffic between Chrome and Firefox to verify? It’s not clear why that would only be happening in Firefox. But, Etags getting stripped by proxies etc. is a fairly common problem so may be a factor here.

1 Like

does this also happen if you visit the 10.0.0.100:8090 directly without the domain name?

Also, do you have any browser extensions or ad blockers running in FireFox that might modify HTTP headers?

Thanks @sukima

Aha! It was the ClearURLs extension stripping out the eTag info.

All working now. I could whitelist my domain I think but for now disabling this will suffice.

Thanks all!

1 Like