Filtering Streams out of TiddlyMap

I am using both the Streams and TiddlyMap plugins, and when using the “Live” view in TiddlyMap, it can really get bogged down if there are a lot of Streams connected to a tiddler. I tried adding [!has:field[stream-type]] to the node filter in TiddlyMap, but it didn’t filter out the Streams. Has anyone else solved this or have any ideas?

Thank you!

One idea is if you dont need tiddlymap info in streams generated tiddlers perhaps you can remove them. Only an uneducated hunch.

Ie the tiddlymap fields

How does the whole filter string look like?

I don’t need the TiddlyMap info in Streams, but by default the live view shows all Tiddlers in a map, connected by their tags. It’s similar to the graph view in LogSeq or Roam.

When I select the live view and go to the hamburger menu > configure view> edit filters, the node filter is [field[title{:/temp/tmap/currentTiddler}] by default. I’ve tried changing it to [field[title{:/temp/tmap/currentTiddler}!has:field[stream-type]] and also just adding [!has:field[stream-type]] as a new line in the node filter text box.

Unfortunately, I don’t think this is possible in Live View. The documentation says

You may draw edges in the live view, however, it is not allowed to add nodes to this special view or to manipulate its node filter.

Ahh, I missed that. Thank you for your help!

It’s not an ideal solution, but you might be able to declutter the view just a little by editing the node-types for the live view.

• Make a new node-type with the scope [has:field[stream-type]], and make sure that it’s higher priority than the tmap-neighbor node-type

• Style the streams node-type so that it’s effectively invisible:

This will leave you with an edge pointing to an invisible node. I’m not sure how to hide the edge, but even hiding the nodes might save you a little space.

1 Like

@Tiddlybob : the solution for Streams compatibility with TheBrain here works pretty well for me with TiddlyMap also. I think it solves half of it. I think a bit more would be needed but feel free to give it a spin.

After you add the two functions getStreamLinks() and getStreamBacklinks(), you can search and replace the legacy getLinks() and getBacklinks() wherever you see them in the TiddlyMap plugin tiddlers.

1 Like

Thank you @etardiff and @fastfreddy ! I will try these out as soon as I can and reply here with my results.