Filter Question: Export all My Own Tiddlers

Back to the solution giveb by @EricShulman here

I like to know what is the best filter to export all my tiddlers (created, modified or imported) BUT

• not core tiddlers
  • not plugins tiddlers
  • not state, and temp tiddlers
  • not overwritten shadow tiddlers or customized shadow tiddlers

In other words I like to have all my own tiddlers (including my system tiddlers, …) exported through $:/AdvancedSearch. I do not use username so, creator, modifier field can not be used.

Reason:

1. time by time I like to migrate to another edition/release of TW
  2. time by time I backup my contents as JSON and store in a safe box

I’ve probably forgotten something:

[all[tiddlers]]-[all[tiddlers+shadows]plugintiddlers[]]+[!prefix[$:/temp]!prefix[$:/state]]

[Edited] I see I missed that you can’t use username, but try the !is[system]

• Why not use username?
  • We can batch set the modifier on tiddlers if you want.

A smart way is to set the Username for signing edits $:/status/UserName, then you can filter for;
{{{ [modifier{$:/status/UserName}] }}} keeping in mind if you import tiddlers with a modifier field set already and it matches yours then they will be included.

Now with your more detailed requirements above limit then as you desire;
{{{ [modifier{$:/status/UserName}!is[system]] }}} will often be enough because the following are all system tiddlers.

• not core tiddlers
  • not plugins tiddlers
  • not state, and temp tiddlers
  • not overwritten shadow tiddlers or customized shadow tiddlers

Just on point 2.

In my mind, the best backup of your TiddlyWiki is to backup the entire file as is. I’m pretty sure a TiddlyWiki today will open as-is just fine in 15 or twenty years because it uses standards-compliant HTML/CSS/javascript.

So your tiddlers will be immediately vieweable as intended (with all TiddlyWiki goodness).

Your JSON file as backup, you might have to do some work with that JSON file for the tiddlers to appear as they would in the source TiddlyWiki.

Unless there’s something particular about your backup/archiving/records-retention process/standards that requires JSON?

My guess is that the intent is to make the backup as small as possible. So you could save hundreds of JSON files, and just occasionally make a back of the whole thing.

Re the future, my concern is that in 15 or 20 years that the download mechanism won’t work, the import won’t work, and or it won’t be possible to load local files into a browser. These seem to be trends we’re seeing already. Like on Firefox for Android I can’t even load a local HTML file. Browsers seem to be becoming increasingly distrustful of the local drive for some reason. I have no idea how this keeps us safer.

1 Like

If so consider using a backup regime that holds a limited number of backups as in Timimi and other solutions, and optionally using zip compresses tiddlywiki a lot.

He/She may have private/own tiddlers prefixed with $:/ so !is[system] may not work here as asked in main post.

Mark,
I like your solution, but seems there is a minor issue.

1. goto https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#%24%3A%2FAdvancedSearch
  2. in filter paste your solution [all[tiddlers]]-[all[tiddlers+shadows]plugintiddlers[]]+[!prefix[$:/temp]!prefix[$:/state]]
  3. see the results
    3.1 about 1565 tiddlers are selected
    3.2. these items are selected where they should not be selected (like plugins, core, …)

2 Likes

I thought someone else would have the definitive answer by now!

This should be closer:

[all[tiddlers]]-[all[tiddlers+shadows]plugintiddlers[]]+[!prefix[$:/temp]!prefix[$:/state]!plugin-type[plugin]!plugin-type[theme]!prefix[$:/boot]!prefix[$:/editions]!prefix[$:/_tw_]]
1 Like

tag your tiddlers (ex MyTiddlers)
drag and drop your tag into your new TW
that’s all!

Most operating systems provide a transparent compression mechanism at the folder or disk level. So instead of constant manual maintenance the OS can do that in the background.

Here I think I was refering to using zip not to compress but to generate a multi folder and file output in a single file wiki with less complications.

Thank you all.

Seems the best solution for me so far.