You can kick the tires with external core TiddlyWikis on Tiddlyhost now. Here’s how:
- Go to the create page at Tiddlyhost
- Select “TiddlyWiki (external core)” and fill out the other fields as per usual
- Notice it’s 0.9MB instead of 2.2MB. Notice saving is nice and fast.
To use it offline there are two options. Firstly, the “easier, but not really offline” way:
- From the Tiddlyhost home page, click the actions menu and click Download (as per usual).
That should work, but if you do a view source you’ll notice the core js is still loaded from the internet.
Secondly, the “truly offline” way, which requires an extra step:
- From the Tiddlyhost home page, click the actions menu and click “Download with local core source”
- Once that’s done, click the actions menu again and click “Download core js”
Now the downloaded file has a local core js src and should work even when there’s no internet access, provided you keep the core js file in the same directory as the TiddlyWiki file.