Extending tiddlywikis Image editing options

I just wanted to raise the possibility of Extending tiddlywikis Image editing options;

It would be best in an addon plugin that could be installed and removed after use.

Additional tools that would be useful;

• Crop including set ratio
    • Allows extracting sub images
  • Color fill and replace
  • Apply filters to transform the overall look of a bitmap image
  • Rescale not just resize
  • Past an image into the edited image
    • Could perhaps be a stamp function copy right sized image and stamp edited image with it.

I expect there is perhaps a support library already with the code needed.

1 Like

The feature I miss the most is the ability to add an alpha channel.
I (and I think many other users) would like to use the image-editor to add informational layers to images - also to external ones. It would be great to have a plugin to do this and to switch this layer on and off.

I think @twMat already built something like this, but due to the lack of an alpha channel he had to use a white overlay with opacity 0.5… It would be great if there was a new approach to reach this.

2 Likes

At some point last year I had a working prototype of the Toast image editor working as a plugin in TW that loaded on demand, however I eventually got distracted with the FileUploads work and never revisited it. Part of that was due to a desire to integrate with eventual image optimization work.

2 Likes

Perhaps there is a way to edit images in an external editor which saves back to a tiddler as there has being like the old “its all text” Firefox add on.

I value intergrations you work on @saqimtiaz but we could reduce maintanence and complexity if we can find more loosly intergrated ways to do the same thing now I think about it. We need to reduce the presure on our code gurus like yourself because things like the file uploads plugin are of enormouse value and we dont want you getting burn out.

I will research this to see if I can find a tool that works through browser rather than tiddlywiki intergration.

It looks like the key may be to be able to drag an image tiddler as if it were an image file to drop into an in browser image editor then drag it back.

However downloading to a download scratch folder, is enough to then drag the image back to tiddlywiki from the browser download list. If we alow the updated image to be dropped on a tiddler to replace the existing image we would be getting close to an easy to use loosly intergrated solution.

I will keep researching but do share any insights you have.