Excluding Specific Tiddlers from an IncludeWiki

Is there a way to exclude specific tiddlers from an IncludeWiki — i.e., to tell the TW engine to ignore a list of tiddlers (by name or some other property, like tag) when building the TiddlyWiki from its constituent tiddlers?

Looking back at this Google Groups thread from last year, it sounds like there might be, though I can’t find any such method.

I have a handful of configuration tiddlers I’d like to suppress in wikis that include them. My current method is to create an tiddler with the same name in the hosting wiki, but excluding them from loading would be better.

That’s the way to do it at the moment. You may create a “feature request” issue at GitHub.

You’re asking about the includeWikis feature of tiddlywiki.info files.

There is no support for filtering the included wikis.

Instead, move the tiddlers that you want to be shared into a separate “shared” wiki and include it from both wikis.

1 Like

Thanks! From the other thread, it almost sounded like the hold-up was merely a lack of ability to identify the tiddlers you wanted to exclude.

In case anyone’s curious, my current strategy involves nesting two different shared wikis.

I have one “warehouse” wiki shared across all my others made up of plugins, styles, macros, etc. I rely heavily on.

I also have content-specific “warehouses” that are shared (alongside the main warehouse) in related wikis. For example, I have a wiki with details about all our company branches and equipment that I share among my wikis at work. This way, I have those details available in any work wiki I use (or may create in the future) without having to update them in multiple places. I just update the warehouse with all the branch details.

The rare conflicts arise where I have (say) a company-specific button for creating a new task.

In my main warehouse is a $:/ui/secret-hq/buttons/new task tiddler.

But in my company warehouse is a $:/ui/terminix/buttons/new task tiddler, which makes the main-warehouse tiddler redundant. (It creates new tasks with company-specific fields and customizations.)

It’s easy enough to keep that redundant button from showing up in my work wikis by creating an empty tiddler named $:/ui/secret-hq/buttons/new task in the company warehouse and making sure all my company wikis include the main warehouse first and the company warehouse second. The empty tiddler overrides the redundant one.

I may eventually, but it looks like there’s more exciting development going on right now. :wink:

For the moment, I just wanted to confirm I wasn’t overlooking some parameter in tiddlywiki.info or filtering trick.

1 Like