Embeding Instagram post

Could I embed Instagram post in a tiddly? Thanks

I just tried to embed a post to test it for you. I clicked the share button, then embed, then copy embed code. I pasted into a tiddler and it showed the frame work, but not the photo or the text of the post. Sorry!

Exactly, Dave!

I experienced the same situation.
I’d like to embed some exercices found Instagram and built a DataBase based on tags.

Following a link is possible but it’d better if we could watch a video embeded on a tiddle.

Thank you, any way

Often sites such as Instagram will try and keep content visibility to when on their site. However in WordPress there was some plugins that that could pull that content.

The default embed option provided by Instagram does not work due to the dynamic nature of TiddlyWiki.

Your easiest option might be to try to use iframes with a simple macro:

\define ig(uri)
<iframe src={{{ [<__uri__>split[?]butlast[1]removesuffix[/]addsuffix[/embed]]}}} width="400" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>
\end

Usage Example:

<<ig uri:https://www.instagram.com/p/CiDW9cwKjAq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link>>

I wrote a widget that makes this a little bit easier but it relies on an unsupported use of the Instagram embed script that could stop working at any time.

The way Instagram wants these use cases handled is by using oEmbed which in turn requires a Facebook developer account, which I don’t find particularly appealing.

@joshuafontany has done some work with oEmbeds and may have further insight.

2 Likes

Whoa. That is interesting! 7 steps forward, likely 9 backwards!

Right.

I think for this kind of issue @joshuafontany could be ace practically.

A comment, TT

Thanks!! It works perfect!! Let’s pray for not having changes on Instagram :wink: