EditorToolbar button question [solved]

Hi everyone

I can create an editortoolbar button.

But I want it to

a) grab the text of the draft of tiddler $:/.giffmex/Actual.Tiddler.Current.Source,
b) paste it in the tiddler I am editing.

I looked through this forum and the Google Group and couldn’t find exactly what I need, or at least I found things somewhat close, but I couldn’t figure out how to adapt them for what I need.

[Edit: I took @TW_Tones’ copy-text-button (here: Create a EditorToolbar button that copies the full "text" field to the clipboard - #4 by TW_Tones), tweaked it so it grabs the text of the draft of the tiddler I mentioned, then added the standard ‘condition’ field from another editor toolbar button. I have the extra step of needing to paste, but I can live with that.]

It still would be helpful to see how it would be done normally…

TW already has a “stamp” button, that you can use. The stamp dropdown has a “Add
your own” which will create a new tiddler, where you can add your template text.

Thanks @pmario!

Funny how people have been talking about deprecating the old macros (which I depend on), but it is even listed among the stamps.

:slight_smile: You are right. Will hopefully be updated with the next TW version