Editor autolist - feature request

Hello,

A request / question mainly for @saqimtiaz about Editor autolist.

This plugin provides the feature to automatically continue lists when creating new lines. Indent and unindent line(s) with list markup (* and #).

There was a proposal to extend this behaviour with autocompleting todolist ([ ] and [x]) with instruction to enable this feature in a previous version of the plugin.
Saq’s Sandbox — Experimental doodads (saqimtiaz.github.io).

Following the instruction from this post, I was also able to continue definition (: and ;).

My question: can these features be integrated in the new plugin version or could there be a way to support these features as extensions to the plugin?

BR,

Eskha

Looks like this went unanswered;

I too am interested in being able to configure additional values for auto list to operate on including but not limited to * and # but also ! : and a custom unicode value I have the · character. Ideally we can use the tab on each of these to add “depth” like you can with * and #;

• I have made a parser for my · character
  • Using this with ! is also useful for quickly typing a set of headings to outline a document, and with minor changes will be useful with the section editor
  • @Eskha I advise against using ; as this supposed to always be followed by a : to html standards see HTML dl tag
  • If you edit the regular expressions in three places in $:/plugins/sq/editor-autolist/editor-operation-autolist.js you can make this work
  • For example I replace *|# with *|·|!|:|# in three places
  • I note also if you do not include the character in the third regexp providing an empty line will not clear the current “autolist” - but shift-enter does

I have all this working with a hack of the existing plugin

• However if it were possible to provide customisation it would be useful.

I am not sure @Eskha but it may be possible to do this for multi-character strings such as [ ] and [X] but I do not know regexp enough for this.

• As I have done for my · character you can create an Editor toolbar button to select rows and apply/remove a prefix to each line selected, just as happens with * and # already.
    • Just ask if you want this?

Here is an editor toolbar button to apply the prefix : to selected lines

colon-editor-toolbar-button.json (1.7 KB)

Using the aformentioned modifications to autolist tab will add another and indent N times.

• In the above package there is a class based on a unicode character name that adds a bullet symbol in front
: something
: something else
:.• with proceeding bullet character (uses the .classname method)

Thank you @TW_Tones for your answer.

Gloabbly, I can indeed hack $:/plugins/sq/editor-autolist/editor-operation-autolist.js to achieve the desired behavour.
My concern is to do this in a way that would avoid to directly hack this tiddler and avoid having to merge the change when @saqimtiaz updates his plugin.

Regarding the ; my autocompletion was proposing a : on the next line not a ; therefore it shoud stay compliant. Your approach of using a toolbar button is appealing, I just need to check if it can be modified to process the first line differently and insert a ;.

BR,

Eskha