Editing Posts especially topics and tags for readability

I have noticed over recent days @Watt has being adding tags and possibly other metadata to topics, I applaud this action, thanks @Watt.

However this has resulted in each of these topics reappearing in my notifications and if I navigate thinking there was a substantial change when the only change was to the findability, not the content it proves an unnecessary distraction.

• First don’t stop doing this @Watt
  • The reason I get the notification is because I have already participated in the conversations, you could say I have already found it.

Questions/Suggestion

Could we suppress or allow the editor to suppress notifications about their edit, especially when its only a change in the metadata, or perhaps in some cases correcting a typographical error?

• The Topic/reply will still indicate it was edited
  • If necessary this could be restricted to a particular level of user.

Apologies @TW_Tones - I did add a few tags here and there, mainly to help me find useful posts again. Didn’t think about notifications!

Maybe @boris knows a way to stop those?

Short answer: no, unfortunately we can’t.

There are some advanced ways to do stealth edits… but we really don’t want stealth edits for everyone and we don’t have a way to add this selectively.

Read the nice content again and enjoy it, and appreciate that @Watt is curating it to intertwingle things for future us :wink:

1 Like

No need, Just trying to improve for all, keep up the good work!

• Ok, that is life, had to ask