Easy importing methods

I found out by coincidence that it is possible to select a piece of text on some webpage and drag it into a TW. Into an editor window just copies the text, into the ‘green zone’ imports the text (formatting, links and all) into a new tiddler. This does not work well on text from a PDF file, unfortunately.

Also, copying an image somewhere and pressing ctrl-v in a TW (outside any editor) imports the image as a new tiddler.

My question: is there an overview of all easy methods of importing information into TW?

1 Like

@SjaakA there are some specific considerations with tiddlywiki but what can be done is often related to what your browser does and works like.

For example I have installed browser extensions that allow me to copy content from any website as text, tables, html etc… and paste this into tiddlywiki or even another editor like notepad++

• You may want to explore the right-click after selecting text in a PDF to see what options you have available to copy to the clipboard.
  • Typically drag and drop uses a default “format” for what you are dragging, using r-click and one of the copy as options give you more control.

After you study this a little more, perhaps ask us more specific questions.

SO sadly there is not;

But part of this is because a lot of the information, is not in tiddlywiki but in your browser operation or content related.

I do have a lot of experience in this and happy to answer multiple questions to get you where you want to go.

There is a browser extension for firefox and chrome (and others chromium based browsers) that clips content from the web and automatically creates tiddlers for the clips -

http://tiddlyclip.tiddlyspot.com/

1 Like