Dragging into TiddlyWiki window in vivaldi

I used to be able to drag plug-ins, graphics, text, etc into the TiddlyWiki window and have the import tiddler come up. I can no longer do that. This no longer works in Vivaldi, but seem to still work in Chrome.

Does anyone else have experience with this?

Strangely, if I bring up something in Chrome, I can drag from there into the tiddlywiki file in vivaldi with no problem?!?

Which OS do you use?

There has been a problem to copy / paste from eg: Chrome to FireFox in one of the last versions, which also caused problems with drag & drop copy / paste between apps with mobile devices. It all started with a new Chrome version. It seems they changed something in their d&d handling.

I did have to implement some specific code that checks for the UserAgent. Usually we try to avoid such a detection, because it’s very browser specific. But in some cases there is no other way.

I did only test the code against Edge, Chrome, Chromium and FireFox for Windows 11Pro and Ubuntu 22.04 in all combiantions. Copy / pasting stuff from one os-window into an other os-window seems to be both browser and OS specific. I could only test what I have at hand.

What exactly changed between the version, where you could use the feature and now?

I will look into it more when I get home tonight. Thanks.