Does anybody experience TiddlyDesktop sudden closure?

Does anybody experience TiddlyDesktop sudden closure? I may have several wikis open and TiddlyDesktop (and all open wikis) disappear, losing all unsaved work in progress. I find this tends to happen when I am moving the mouse quickly (don’t know if related).

When I open TD, I get asked "Do you want the application “TiddlyDesktop.app” to accept incoming network connections? Clicking Deny may limit the application’s behavior. This setting can be changed in the Firewall pane of Security & Privacy preferences. (Deny / Allow)

Does the behavior depend on how I answer this question?

Ever seen this problem?

MacBook Pro 13", 2020,
MacOS 11.6,
TiddlyWiki 5.2.0,
TiddlyDesktop 0.0.14 (14)
TW5.html (single wiki files) in Dropbox

1 Like

Hello, I always came across TD problems like this. My TD will suddenly crash without any warning. I had no idea about that, so then I turned to use Firefox instead. :disappointed_relieved:

This is totally fine, just OK it. My TiddlyGit-Desktop will ask for this too.

You can try this nodejs version of TW App, it utilize nodejs’s syncadaptor and will backup every few seconds, and you can use git to make long term backup.

1 Like

Update:

The problem (TiddlyDesktop sudden closure) persists, and has now become reproducible and problematic.

I want to install plugins from Firefox, but as soon as the drag and drop file touches any open TW5 file opened from TiddlyDesktop, the entire desktop (and all open wikis) close without saving.

As a result, I am unable to update or add any new plugins!

Any suggestions are welcome, because I would prefer to avoid switching how I open and use my numerous wikis

More research is required to debug this. I will have a look in windows 11 to see if its occuring for me.

Is your tiddlydesktop only single files within the app or are you using a network implementation accessing with a local address in a browser.

• firewall Maleare protection issues could be a problem

Have you the latest version of TD installed?

Try importing a plugin from a file on disk and see if that works.

Make a new TD wiki and test install plugins in that before customising.

The more info you can gather and share the more we can assist.

My TidGi does this too! I thought it was my problem, so seems it is a common problem for electron/nw.js based app (or just tiddlywiki based app?)

Luckily, I can use nodejs’s HTTP API to open wiki in the browser, then drag the plugin (If I have to, normally I would use TiddlyWiki-CPL: TiddlyWiki world of Google App Store!