Discussing Wikitext Ideas

First off, sorry! sorry! I’m sure people are getting a bit tired of me mentioning the wikitext (specifically for headers) lol

But! I think this is a valid enough topic to make a thread about. So- for some wikitext you are able to apply css classes to them, i.e.

<style>
.tomato { 
border-bottom: solid 1px; 
}

li.task {
list-style-type: "☐  ";
padding: 0 1ch 1ch 1ch;
}
</style>
!!.tomato Hello There
*.task Hello There

Which you can render with CSS to look like a plaintext checkbox, with a header that has border-bottom set. (TY telumire for showing this is possible, I still think its super neat, and nerd out about it often lol)

Anyways, I was looking at some old TTW threads I had pinned to read again later and one was about anchor links, and it got me thinking that, using wikitext, you can’t really set an id for the anchors, which would mean that you can’t really use them unless you use vanilla HTML tags to do so, right?

Same for the prettylinks we use all over TiddlyWiki.

So, I have an idea that I think is theoretically possible… Not that I even know how it would be made… but none the less!

[[Caption|Hello There##AnchorID]] and [[Caption|Hello There#AnchorID]] for prettylinks, and for headers and other wikitext, !!.tomato#AnchorID Hello There and *.task#AnchorID Hello There is my proposal.

And, like the topic title says, this is less about the how it would be made, and moreso just sharing ideas about how wikitext specifically could be improved, and what the final result would look like in your or other users eyes!

1 Like

There is a pending PR that uses ^id to create anchors, see:

1 Like

Well that’s awesome, thanks for linking that :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: