Disable Auto-focus to Default Tiddler on Startup in Mobile Layout

Hi there! I’m Sarker, a GCSE student! (My exam starts in about 4 days…)

A few days ago I found Tiddlywiki, and became instantly passionate about making it my go-to tool for taking notes for my upcoming exams. I write most of my notes from my phone, so I’m currently using the Quine app in iOS. I do know basic CSS and HTML, and I was able to create a very minimal setup for my own needs.

However, one thing that’s bugging me a bit is the "auto-focus to default tiddler on startup” feature, that is, everytime I enter a wiki, the viewport automatically scrolls down a bit to hide the topbar, and focuses on the default tiddler.

Though not entirely necessary, it tends to lag and glitch when I’m on the rush to take very quick notes. Is there a way to disable this behaviour? I’ve tried looking through the $:/themes/tiddlywiki/vanilla/base stylesheet, but it’s just too big and hard to understand!

Please let me know if I could do something about this. Either way, Long Live the TiddlyWiki!

Warm Regards,
Sarker.

@CodaCoder
@Mohammad

Hi @HackedPotato, welcome to the world of TiddlyWiki.

I’m afraid I’m in the dark on mobile usage of TiddlyWiki. Sit tight, someone will be along to help you out.

No problems at all! Thanks a lot!

If your tests are in 4 days then it sounds risky to tiddle fiddle rigth now :wink:

Anyway, I’m not 100% sure this will satisfy you but it’s worth a try:

You can test the LeftBar plugin and have the rightbar closed when saving.

Put whatever you have the need easy access to in the leftbar such as an editor to create a new tiddler + some save button to save it, and maybe another button to toggle the right sidebar, perhaps also a latest tiddler list below?

1 Like

Hello there, Mr. @twMat! Thank you so much! The plugin absolutely helped out a lot! I used the MobileSidebarCSS code snippet from Mr. Scott Kingery to hide everything on the sidebar, and added The buttons and tabs to the new hamburger bar. Not only did it help fix the glitching issue, it also made my setup a lot more neat and friendly for the mobile interface!

Thank you so much once again! Please wish me luck for the exams!

Best Regards,
Sarker.

2 Likes

Great to hear!

For sure! Best of luck! :smiley:

Welcome @HackedPotato, and the best of luck for your exams. I’m very glad to hear that TiddlyWiki is proving useful to you. Don’t hesitate with questions and suggestions, it’s very useful to hear from new users and get their perspective.

Hello there, Mr. @jeremyruston! Thank you so much for creating such a meaningful piece of software! The community here is really heart warming. I look forward to using Tiddlywiki at it’s best!

Best Regards,
Sarker.

1 Like

Hi @HackedPotato
Welcome to TiddlyWiki forum! I am late in this thread, but happy you foud a solution for your problem.
Best of luck for your exams!

Thank you so much, Mr. @Mohammad! I doubt I got more good wishes from my peers than the community here! :rofl:

It’s really encouraging!

2 Likes