Determining which is monthly and which is one time

So, I attempted to make a one time contribution for tiddlywiki based services, ie websites and such, but I’m not sure if I misread or not- but is there not a one time payment option currently available?

I was able to for the standard tiddlywiki opencollective luckily, but as far as the other channels(?) Go, atleast for me on mobile, I only had the option to select monthly installments?

Any insight is appreciated, I’m unfamiliar with opencollective atm.

1 Like

Hi Justin,

Sorry to hear that you have found the Open Collective contribution tiers (contribution channels or options) hard to navigate. How these are setup actually depend on us rather than on Open Collective.

The current contributions tiers are:

• Donation - can be one time or recurring of any amount
  • TiddlyWiki Community Infrastructure - this is currently set up as a recurring option only. I believe the thinking was that since we have monthly expenses, having monthly contributions would be sustainable. I agree however that this is not a good fit for everyone and a one off donation option might be nice. Currently to make a one off donation you would need to donate and then cancel the recurring payments.
  • TiddlyWiki Core (Monthly)
  • TiddlyWiki Core (Annual)

@jeremyruston @boris can we add a one time donation option for TiddlyWiki Community Infrastructure?

1 Like

Ah ok, I follow now, Thank you for the clarification on the tiers.

Yes, doing reoccurring payments is a but risky for me just because I have a bit of a memory issue, and in the past have had issues from forgotten subscriptions haha

If adding a one time payment to the inferstructure tier isnt possible I can always do as you suggested and cancel after the first payment goes through.

1 Like

It is possible, it just need a bit of discussion and consensus.