Designer editors and SDK (software development kits)

Over here More precise titlecase? - #33 by TW_Tones I raised the Idea of developing transformer filters, to transform text and possibly automating the generation of Editor toolbar buttons, to act on the selected text.

To get this started I thought I would build a way to write, test and save such transformer filters easily. Once I have a few, I will extend it to generate editor toolbar buttons and more.

• This was quick and easy to do and looks as follows;
  • Not the difference between regular list filter and these “transformer” filters is the transformer filters are designed to reformat the input if particular ways.

However I realised this could be generalised to build;

Designer editors and SDK (software development kits)

Versions of this could be used to retrieve, review, edit, many objects and code snippets within Tiddlywiki,

• Global/local macro definitions
  • Buttons, Page Controls, View, Edit and Editor
  • Snippet tiddlers
  • Advanced search filter tiddlers
  • Custom functions and widgets.
  • Global keyboard shortcuts.
  • Stylesheets

The idea would be to create a generic tool that can be quickly customised and built to serve a particular design purpose, and using knowledge about the specific area to simplify creation, and simultaneously document what each need to change.

• First we could search and retrive content already in the wiki to start design, like an existing button.
  • Each could come with a set of templates for major forms of the elements we may create.
  • Designed correctly we can have a way to package the results to share and accumulate.
  • This starts with a somewhat meta idea to build a generic builder, then customise this to specific builders.

What do you think?

What do you want help creating?

Are you expert in something you could code into one of these Design tools?