Derailing "What is TW" - What can be done with TW?

To discuss this “database”, please consider doing that in this other place: Discussing how to etc. for "Derailing “What is TW” - What can be done with TW?"

To know what TW is, we would be short-changing the product if we just looked at intent or “static” descriptions.

The “what it is” gets a major jolt for every new and wicked use case that some ingenious person dreams up, and when that new use case blows our minds when we see it.

Might I suggest a single “use case entry” per post, and discussion of any one entry in a separate thread?

Well, I’m thinking “use case repetition” is okay. Every example of one use case does a favour towards answering “What is TW?”

Discussion in a separate thread can then be used to update the related entry in this discussion.

That way, this one thread becomes a “clean” database of TiddlyWiki use cases without a bunch of rabbit hole discussions?

2 Likes

TiddlyWiki as an engine that powers slideshows.

TiddlyWiki as the engine for software’s Context-Sensitive Help .

(That’s something I’m doing for a client, so that the organisation’s suite of five OpenText Gupta Team Developer applications all have standard, easy to maintain and deploy context-sensitive help.)

1 Like

TiddlyWiki as single-file, portable, multi-platform, programming environment and source code repository.

Example: BASIC Anywhere Machine

TiddlyWiki for documentation management(?)

Example: BASIC Anywhere Machine Programming Reference

• Interesting feature: when looking up documentation on some BASIC statement/function/etc., the documentation page embeds in an iframe the results of a dynamically created URL to the BASIC Anywhere Machine, resulting in a list of programs tagged with the BASIC keyword, so you can see source code examples, which you can also run “right there” while viewing the documentation. Rock’n roll !

TiddlyWiki as project management tool.

TiddlyWiki as blockchain engine

– multimedia & json database in IPFS –

Thanks to “record to ipfs plugin”, we are using TW in the fully distributed cryptosystem emerging in it.

Cryptokeys means that any host with a private key can modify “something”, the public key being the address of that “something”. When you focus on hashing data as IPFS does, you can store anything anywhere.

The project is reproducing “Scuttlebut protocol” along with IPFS keys chained through a “Web of Trust” mapping, thus it creates a “peer to peer” shared hosting service.

Astroport.ONE attaches a key (2 pass phrase NaCl generattion) and an email to a TW model. Each computer serves the API on port 1234. It can host several PLAYER keys and manage their TW.

Every day, at 20h12, all nodes synchronize their TW according to the expressed trust levels. The trust level is defined by exchanging stars via the application https://gchange.fr.

Anyone (with a fiber connection) can create a node at home, invite friends and share tiddlers and G1Tags together. You can join the official Astroport swam#0, by becoming a bootstrap and host in “DNS Round Robin” official Swarm#0

Of course, it is best if everyone hosts and publishes their own data on their “localhost” computer (no private key delegation in this case), so that the Astroport Ŋ1 replication protocol can be used at any time. But it is better to keep a common connection time so that all hosts are available for a massive bit torrent.

TW is the first application available for decentralized people. The user can write personal notes, and some “command tiddlers” to enable copying of tiddlers between friends’ TWs and perform pre and/or post processing. We’re using Ğ1 as “the best invention of a crypto currency”.

Ask if you wish to join in Astroport Swam#0 TestNet

2 Likes

Tiddlywiki is a Tabletop RPG Campaign Management and Worldbuilding tool.

2 Likes

Tiddlywiki is a framework for creating simple and utilitarian apps and interfaces.
Or maybe a framework for creating simple, web-based content management tools.

Some systems I wrote in it:

Lego sets recompleting:

• Listing Lego sets I used to have and am missing pieces in
  • Adding missing pieces to such sets – name and color and quantity of those pieces
  • Exporting the list of pieces into Bricklink-compatible XML that can be uploaded into a Wanted List.
  • Displaying all of the pieces in a giant table where you can track inventory easily
  • Displaying all of the sets in a giant table, where you can track status of each set and the number of missing pieces in each.

Tracking things I like and dislike

• I can create a category
  • Each can have multiple categories
  • Each can have multiple items, where I can list certain products and my ratings of them – things like types of fish, plant milks or restaurants and specific items in them.
2 Likes

Tiddlywiki is a notebook that gives you complete freedom in organising your notes.

TiddlyWiki as a Personal Information Manager (aka PIM; Wikipedia article).

TiddlyWiki is a tool for publishing static HTMLs like this one

1 Like

TiddlyWiki can be used as a Story Bible for building worlds as complex as LOTR

(also)

TiddlyWiki can be used as a dossier / contacts list

TiddlyWiki can be used as a calendar as well

I used - actually needed - a TW when I watched Game of Thrones (here, it’s in Swedish and was not made for public viewing). It would simply have been impossible for me to follow the series without a wiki, i.e to keep track of all the people, their relations, cities, member of what house, who died, etc.

2 Likes

I always like the copyrighted statement by @EricShulman as a part of logo for his works on Tiddlywiki.

(edited)

Small Tools for Big Ideas

That’s actually “Small Tools for Big Ideas” ™

and it’s protected under United States Trademark laws,
(see TiddlyTools/Legal/Trademarks and Laws & Regulations | USPTO)

I can’t afford it yet, so the whole lot o’ ya had better keep your grubby, copyrightin’, trademarkin’ mitts off

“Solutions that will drop-kick you right through the goal posts of life.”

You were getting Eric’s logo confused with my cousin twice removed: Tiny Tool with No Idea.

Loads of fun at a party, but otherwise useless.

1 Like