Cross browser links and browser dedicated tiddlywiki's - Help wanted

Folks,

I want to be able managed my tiddlywikis across the three browsers I use on Windows 11, Chrome, FireFox and Edge. It is trivial to rename a tiddlywiki.html file to one of the following tiddlywiki.twc | tiddlywiki.twf | tiddlywiki.twe for chrome/firefox and edge respectively.

Setting a given browser to handle a given extension
Create some files with these extencions and a copy of empty.html Then using from file explorer “Open with” and select the appropriate browser application. Clicking on these files open them in their respective browser. This is already useful.

• FireFox recognises the twf file is in fact html and opens the wiki for use.
  • Unfortunately chrome and edge do not see these are html and open the tiddlywiki file as plain text.

As a result I am seeking help identifying how to get Chrome and Edge to recognise .twc and .twe files respectively as html and open them as an interactive wiki. I know its possible, as I did it in the past but can’t find it this time.

Open another browser to handle a given filetype

Further to this I also want to “teach” the three browsers how to open the respective file types in the matching browser. ie; a URL link to a .twf file in chrome and edge would not download the file but open firefox with that file as the parameter and FireFox would open it as a tiddlywiki.

• Again, I know its possible, as I did it in the past but can’t find it this time.

Any help or ideas appreciated!

Why
Once working this would allow you to open a Tiddlywiki in a dedicated browser just according to the filename allowing one to curate in which browser a given tiddlywiki will open. With each browser including Timimi these local wikis will always be saveable. Your wikis could be divided across browsers for work, design and personal use for example.

Advanced
It would be nice if we could also pass the window name or target to the other browser so a link opens/reopens the the named window/tab so a link to a given wiki, will open the nominated browser and named tab, to stop opening TiddlyWiki’s in more than one given window/tab.

Please be aware that tiddlywikis with .hta and .aspx already have a degree of special handling.

Any help or ideas appreciated!