Creating superpowers through interface options

I believe it is critical we learn about the diverse set of needs in our community and the larger world. It may not be possible to provide out of the box solutions for all different users, but if the underlying settings allow user interface adjustment’s to address these differences perhaps we will in the long term.

It can be hard to even imagine for those without the experience’s but for those who do not consider themselves colour blind (I am not), it occurred to me recently that we all are all substantially colour blind.

I am a keen theoretical astronomy / cosmology enthusiast and we look at the universe though multiple spectra the vast majority of which we can not see Ultraviolet, Infrared and radio for example.

• when presenting information gained through multi-modal and spectral observations we used to call it “false color”.
  • I have come to realise it is not “false colour” but a “superpower” to collapse complex information found at invisible wavelengths and present it in the narrow band we can see.
    • You may recall the Predator movie where the predator could see in many wavelengths.
  • Fortunately we can also rely on symbols, movement and more to represent information to users but it seems to me if we can ensure diverse users can make full use of tiddlywiki, we are in fact giving them superpowers, just as science has for us.

Tiddlywiki’s capacity itself is substantial so it is a worthy project on which to empower everyone, even give people superpowers.

1 Like