Create New Journal Tiddler Broken

I am running 5.2.2 in Brave on Windows.

Whenever I select the “Create new journal tiddler tagged with this one” it opens the last one I created using this. It doesn’t create a new one. I’m not sure why.

I am able to create a new tiddler and add the ‘Journal’ tag and the tag of the parent tiddler that I can’t create from.

Not sure if there is a known bug or if there is something I can check to see if I broke something. There is a workaround, so it isn’t the end of everything, but just worrisome that I broke it and that it is fixated on this one journal tiddler and won’t stop re-opening it.

How apt. Here’s why:

That is exactly why, thank you.

I have been using the journal entries to record when events related to the main article occurred. I had been setting the dates to when the event happened. I didn’t set the date on this last one. It defaulted to today. I’m guessing if I tried again tomorrow, I wouldn’t’ve seen any problem.

That’s right – as documented on that bug. At least now you know that alternatives are being discussed… but you shouldn’t take that GH discussion as a commitment just yet.

See - Control Panel >Info > Title of new journal tiddlers

This is where the name to use is set, by design it opens an existing tiddler with the same name (or its draft version) so you can add more entries to today by default DDth MMM YYYY.

Your could add 0hh:0mm to create new record every/any minute of the day you click a new Journal button DDth MMM YYYY 0hh:0mm ie DDth MMM YYYY 0hh:0mm.

I use modified New Journal and New Here Journal buttons to also set a journal-date field to a tiddlywiki serial date format, for later sophisticated queries rather than trust the create date or need to parse the title.

Add the following;
journal-date=<<now "YYYY0MM0DD0hh0mm0ss0XXX">>
in the tm-new-tiddler actions in $:/core/ui/Buttons/new-journal-here and here $:/core/ui/Actions/new-journal (Add twice)

TiddlyWiki 5.2.2 modified New Journal tiddlers here;

journal-date and new here 5.2.2.json (2.4 KB)