CPL: Chinese Community Plugin Library

Why does TiddlyWiki CPL(GitHub Host) not work any more? Normally we have to drag and drop the library tiddler (tagged with $:/tags/PluginLibrary) into our TiddlyWiki and it works!

You need to install the CPL plugin in order to use it. See:

https://tiddly-gittly.github.io/TiddlyWiki-CPL/#Welcome:Index%20Welcome

1 Like

Thank you Saq!
I see the plugin has more features like notification for new updates!

Yes, the plugin library way is deprecated, because no one is maintaining it. The CPL plugin is directly fetching data using a custom protocol, and we are all using this way.

Me myself is always using the CPL layout, so the UI is wider and without interference.

$:/tags/PluginLibrary is still useful. If I want to use a plugin library, I will import it into CPL, and install it from CPL.

1 Like

Thank you @linonetwo,
I have not seen any announcement posts in Talk.
I think the auto update feature is great and worth it to be announced here.

Thank you for all your efforts!

Would be very useful. I wish there was an official plugin for it, i.e in the official TW plugin library. The feature is “as missing as it is obvious that a browser based tool like TW should feature it”. (@jeremyruston )

1 Like

And about features like download count and upvote/rating/comment of plugin, which is a common feature of other apps, was in the plan, but we are working/playing other things so it never receive updates.

Thank you!
One important feature: Is it possible for the CPL plugin to check the core-version field and make sure the update is suitable for host TiddlyWiki? For example Shiraz 3.0.0 is not backward compatible and needs TW 5.3.3+

I’ve been thinking about the need for plugin library for a while now. This seems like a good time to unload…

1. Imagine there is a web site, say, “plugins.tiddlywiki.com” (aka “the database”), that maintains a database of plugins.
  2. TiddlyWiki gets a “Check for updates” button added to the Plugins tab in the Control Panel.
  3. That button sends the database a package of the installed plugins (their title, source and version fields as a starting point).
  4. The database responds with the versions of those plugins it has and the querying TW can update its UI accordingly.
  5. Updating a plugin in a TW sends a request to the database to download that plugin (the database keeps installable copies of all the plugins it is aware of).
  6. The database uses submitted check requests to build a list of TWs with plugins and will download those TWs every so often to update the database. Those TWs could themselves have plugins that could be added to the database.

The idea is that the database could be self-maintaining to an extent.

Even without a UI, just this would be useful for plugin developers to allow their users to check for and install plugin updates.

However, adding a UI allowing people to view and search the database is an obvious thing.

Thanks for reading!

1 Like