Controlling the size of the (telmiger) clipboard?

I’m trying out Thomas’ (@telmiger) clipboard. The problem is that the text clipboard is huge and can’t be permanently resized. I can resize it, but when I open the tiddler again, it’s back to being huge. I know I’ve seen it used in other apps where the size was reasonable, so hoping there’s some little tweak.

Thanks!

What version of TW do you use? There might be changes in the editor since the clipboard has been developed.
All the best
Thomas

Thanks for your response. I’m using 5.2.1 .

In 5.2.3 it looks like this – that seems not oversized to me.

Of course the clipboard field might grow with the content if you stuff it. Then there is always a button to hide/show the clipboard fields.

BUT: The title functionality seems to be buggy. I don’t remember what it does and how it was supposed to work. I am no longer using this myself.

This is what mine looks like. I can’t permanently resize it. Maybe there is sort of CSS conflict?

Any other plugins installed?

Lot’s, but what seems to be happening is that the height of the box is the same as the height of the edited tiddler. So perhaps the clipboard was only intended to be used in auto-size mode?

Does the bottom right corner allow you to drag it smaller?

Exactly. I never use the fixed height option. TW seems to apply the fixed height to all textareas on the HTML element.

Here’s a fix you can add to a stylesheet:

.te-cb-edittext {
  height: auto !important;
}

Thanks for your reply!

This had the problem of making the editor too small – and non-adjustable.

This seems to work, though the resulting field is also non-adjustable:

div.te-cb-clipboard > span:nth-child(1) > textarea
 {
  height: 150px !important;
  font-size: 18pt ;
}

I had to target nth-child(1) so it wouldn’t change the size of the title field.

The next problem … the floating button doesn’t save the current title. But maybe this feature isn’t needed as much these days, with the search-link tool and the ability to drag/drop titles from the sidebar.

Thanks!

1 Like

In my test it did store the title, but not in the visible field. I was also able to insert it using the plugin buttons – but yeah, I have to admit it is broken. :weary: