Context menu plugin - selection add-in

version 0.1.7 includes “excise to new” (and “leave link behind”) option, but requires the relink plugin so that you can change the title of the new tidder after creating it. Have also greatly improved the config UI (updated image above).
Make sure you enable relink if you rename the new tiddler:

2 Likes

@fastfreddy Thank you. how did you managed to do that. I did only limited testing in my mobile. Will test more and give feedback.

Is there anything that can be done for the use of context menu in mobile. The current user experience is not that great because the context menu pop up is overlapping the text selection process.

Is it possible to create a cascading context menu. I am not sure of its usability in mobile. But it may reduce the length of the context menu by categorising using submenus. Just some thoughts.

v 0.1.9 update with a new menu item (excise and transclude in addition to excise and link). This version provides interoperability with @saqimtiaz’s Links Context Menu Plugin for the first time, and repackages the original Print River menu item to work with this plugin’s condition field (and activate the menu item only when the PrintRiver plugin is also present).

3 Likes

What do you think if we can have kind of breadcrumbs?
I mean in context menu I can see list of open tiddler in story river and can click and jump to that tiddler!
There are some breadcrumbs solutions out there, one is tzk from @sobjornstad

it’s probably doable @Mohammad, however I have been focusing my add-in to activities that operate on, or operate with, the user text selection. Seems a list of open tiddlers is a better fit for the original plugin?

I also have a lot of actions now and as a result it is already a giant context menu which does not work well on mobile as @arunnbabu81 reported. Even if you can hide away some of the options, users have suggested multi-level context menu. A list of open tiddlers would make that a bigger problem unless I could find a way to do multi-levels.

From the image posted in this link, it looks like @Yaisog have implemented multilevel context menu in his wikitext based context menu. May be you can get some hints from it.

“quick edit” experimental option added (can be disabled in user preferences). Modifier key(s) to override context menu and show the default browser context menu now configurable.

2 Likes

Quick edit works fine in my mobile…edit gets saved on pressing enter button on the keyboard on mobile.

@fastfreddy I am getting this error message on using copy to clipboard option in the context menu. I even tried this on the demo site.

Hi @arunnbabu81

There is an error in my plugin’s packaged $:/plugins/ahanniga/context-menu/ContextListener.js tiddler.

In that tiddler, please remove line 236 text = $tw.wiki.getTiddlerText(targ);
and change line 237 to this.dispatchEvent({ type: action, param: selection });

If you then reload, you should be ok.

I’ll push an update to the plugin ASAP (likely this evening).

2 Likes

Hey @fastfreddy!

I just started using your plugin today and am finding it very useful. Thanks!

Question: is it possible to add a context menu item that could be used to add a field or tag to the existing tiddler with the value being either something that’s highlighted or input in a form somewhere? Is it possible to add a menu item that would create a new tiddler with certain fields prepopulated with certain values?

Thanks in advance.

fixed in 0.2.8 @arunnbabu81

@HistoryBuff all of what you propose should be doable. That last one is very similar in concept to “create new here”. I tried a tagging option quickly with tm-add-tag, but that didn’t quite work. I may try a few other things and see…

I had already changed the js tiddler as you had told.

Is this similar to the clone viewtoolbar button functionality?

Another custom function I added to my context menu is adding links [[]]. But since this add in uses search and replace, there might be multiple instances of the selected word, which might limit the usefulness.

I have also used this add in for adding strex macro by telmiger and also my experimental cloze macro.

Thanks @fastfreddy for the work on this addin.

1 Like

What I am looking for is similar to the clone button, but what I would like is to be able to create a new tiddler with the tag preset to Railroads and a couple of other fields prepopulated with fixed values. These would not be dependent on the tiddler I was right clicking in. I could create a toolbar button to do this, but thought it might be convenient to have it available from a right click. Upon reflection, it might be good to also be able to have the title of that new railroad tiddler be whatever text I currently have highlighted.

@fastfreddy

So is it basically possible to almost add any button to the context menu that I could add to either the page toolbar or view toolbar? That would be enormously convenient.

I think this prevents Selecting texts on the mobile. Or maybe this is the bug in the main Plugin… @ahanniga Where is the Github repository of your plug in? I can try pr for it.

found it ahanniga/tiddlywiki-context-menu-plugin: Configurable context menus for tiddlers

1 Like

@fastfreddy Can you hide the items when they are unusable? Because it makes the list too long for a view in a small screen.

Yes the menu items can be shown or hidden in the configuration. Did that not work?

I mean hide the gray items in view template, as long as they can’t be clicked. And only show them when they can be clicked. Maybe this has to be done in the main context menu plugin?

Wait, but in your screenshow, seems we could use them, even in view mode

I see, the text is {{$:/plugins/phiv/context-menu-selection-addin/readme}} so it doesn’t work. This is very confusing for a new user come to the demo.

Oh I see, I think it can be done.
In the current implementation, I wanted to signal to the user when options were not available because of transclusions.
I can just as easily hide the options which will be friendlier to mobile users…

I think you can hide them, because if user doesn’t read the doc, they will confuse as I did. If read the doc, then don’t need this signal…