CodeMirror Fullscreen plugin not working?

Hi all. I can’t figure out how to get the CodeMirror Fullscreen plugin to work - any help would be much appreciated!

I’ve tried using the demo here, which has the plugin installed: https://tiddlywiki.com/plugins/tiddlywiki/codemirror/

Pressing F11 while focused within the text area just toggles my browser’s fullscreen mode. I’ve also tried installing the plugin into my own wiki, but still no success. I get the same behaviour for both Firefox and Chrome.

The official CodeMirror demo here works as expected: CodeMirror: Full Screen Editing

Has anyone got this working? Am I misunderstanding something here?

Confirmed.

For me (FF/Chrome/Edge 104 + TW5.2.3) the codemirror full screen plugin does not work.

A work around for full screen edit is to use my “edit in new window” button and to maximise the resulting window.

• I just tested it works with code mirror
  • an advantage being you can jump back to the source window (tiddlywiki)
  • I only gave it a cursory test

new-windows.json (13.4 KB)

Edited;
After playing with this I suddenly got right to left text, how odd.

Only in the new window, so I think its being damaged in a recent tw version.

Thanks @Mohammad for confirming - I have created an issue on GitHub.

@TW_Tones Thanks for sharing. It’s not quite what I need, but it is a nice idea. I did try it out and it seems to have a bug where the cursor just jumps back to the beginning of the editor whenever you type anything.

1 Like

I will jave a look. May need an update to go with tw updates.

Hi folks,
Here is a workaround, which adds the missing “togglefullscreen” function back to the cm-fullscreen-plugin. It seems we lost that function with TW v5.1.23 while updating the CM library to a newer version … Investigations are under way.

_plugins_tiddlywiki_codemirror-fullscreen.json (3.1 KB)