CodeMirror 6 plugin (alpha)

@BurningTreeC In my wiki, the fullscreen option is not working (although it was working in the demo site) - Here is my wiki
It was working in my wiki when I initially added CM6 to my wiki. Can you take a look at this when you have some time ?

Hmmm … I believe that’s the Multi-column layout interferring with the fullscreen-styles for the editor
I’ll have a look at that … but I’ll do that later this week

Fullscreen is not working correctly at the moment

1 Like

@StS - no I cannot reproduce this behavior

On mobile devices yes - there I could notice that codemirror scrolls the cursor into view, but on my Desktop I didn’t notice anything so far :frowning:

@BurningTreeC An editor toolbar button for search and replace will be a good addition on mobile devices.

Done! @arunnbabu81

The search button is there :slight_smile:

That was it for today, good night ^^

1 Like

placeholder is a missing part in tiddlywiki codemirror5, should you consider supporting it in codemirror6?

Hi @oeyoews

Yes, I plan to add the placeholder

Strange…

→ When only 1 tiddler is open, than it works

→ When I’ve open a longer tiddler - eg. $:/ControlPanel - with the new one and I type j than it jumps out of scope:

Start:

type j:

When I switch back in
$:/config/EditorTypeMappings/text/vnd.tiddlywiki
from codemirror-6 to comptext
→ everything is ok again

I will test this @StS , thank you for your report

@oeyoews - placeholder is now integrated!

1 Like

Hi @StS

what plugins are installed in your wiki?

Hi @BurningTreeC

my plugins are:
grafik

Oh wow, quite some plugins :slight_smile:

I suspect the tw5-keyboard-navigation plugin to be the culprit but I’m not sure.
Can you try disabling it?

Hi Simon,
That it - Thanks a lot!

Hi all,

I’m pretty happy with the plugin in its current state :slight_smile:

What’s missing is a tiddlywiki-language which is a bit difficult to create and proper fullscreen handling

The plugin is now version 0.0.65

I’ve fixed some bugs and created a Settings panel in the ControlPanel

Besides the missing tiddlywiki grammar and the fullscreen handling, do you have ideas how to improve it?

Are you already using this plugin?

What’s your experience with it, how do you feel about it?

Thank you and best wishes from Southtyrol,
Simon

1 Like

Simon, I only now got to visit this in detail and its “leaps ahead” of codemirror 5, not only because of Codemiror 6, but your integration work. I already like it because it addresses issues in the last version, which meant I did not use it always.

However I will now spend more time with it at CodeMirror 6 — v0.0.66 and test it out and provide any feedback.

But I do want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the “effort and listening” you have puty into this. You are a real credit to the community.

1 Like

Thank you @TW_Tones,

that means a lot to me :slight_smile:

I’m currently trying to understand how to implement a tiddlywiki-language
Maybe that’s my next project

Soon there’s an option to disable markdown language for text/vnd.tiddlywiki tiddlers but I guess that’s not what some users want

1 Like

By this do you mean the syntax knowledge with braces, core macros, widgets?

If so;

If you do mean this, I would suggest splitting it from code mirror and starting a new topic even if you objective is to implement it in code mirror. There was some discussion earlier and to achieve this needs the brains trust/community to collate the details.

• If we do this the right way we would have the info to add it to the highlighter, codemirror and participate in some of the markdown converters so we can convert any markdown to/from tiddlywiki. Or add the syntax to other well known SDK’s, Dev platforms and editors.
  • This is a good subject in which to get community support.

yes @TW_Tones , that’s what I mean

Very good suggestion, I will do that!

Thanks, @BurningTreeC again. A small post script;

Any solution, even if not complete, or imperfect, would be much better than the current state. I raised recently the problem where a single character, or half typed code or a pasted code snippit, can throw the preview or rendering of a tiddler into loops and lost content. Some simple braces checks, and auto-completions that are “tiddlywiki script” aware would make life a lot easier and safer.

Until we can syntax check and convert between markdowns we are not really a full member of the mark up/down community. We need only tap into an existing conversion model to gain access to all others. Just code to and from a standard mark down that can be converted to all others.

With the correct data now, we can even train an LLM to understand TiddlyWIki Script, so far I have taught ChatGPT simple Wiki text.

PPS Feel free to split the recent replys to a new topic, or ask @pmario

1 Like