Code Uglifier something wrong

Dear friends

With the upgrade of Tiddlywiki version to 5.3.4, I used the official Tiddlywiki upgrade tool to upgrade my personal Tiddlywiki to 5.3.4. I used a code obfuscation tool to obfuscate the updated Tiddlywiki, which will downgrade my Tiddlywiki version to 5.5.3 ($:/core) but will not downgrade the theme of the upgrade wizard update and some plugin versions developed by the Tiddlywiki team from 5.3.4 to 5.3.3

I am trying to replace the uglified core. HTML with 5.3.4 ($:/core) and saving changes, unable to use it to vilify updated tiddlewiki through the tiddlewiki upgrade wizard, encountered an error before starting

Further attempt to import 5.3.4 ($:/core) directly into a brand new but Uglifier version of 5.3.3 tiddlewiki, save the changes, and open it, resulting in the same system error as the previous attempt

Any answer would be greatly appreciated

Do you install other plugins? It may be the problem in plugins.

it’s brand new and controls a single variable

While the $:/core is a plugin, you cannot update a wiki if you import a newer core version into an old wiki. That will not work.

The easiest way to test, if a plugin causes the problem is:

• download v5.3.4 empty.html
  • drag and drop import all your content tiddlers
  • drag and drop import the 3rd party plugins one by one and see where the problem comes up.

A second possibility will be:

• F12 open developemnt console.
  • Select the “Source” tab for Chrome-like browsers or “Debugger” for FireFox
  • In the right sidebar select both
    • Pause on uncaught exceptions
    • Pause on caught exceptions
  • Reload the browser with the dev-panel open
  • The debugging area in the middle should show the code, which causes the problem

1 Like