Chemfig : A latex package in Tiddlywiki

Integrating Chemfig into TiddlyWiki as a plugin would be a useful addition, especially for users who need to incorporate chemical structures into their notes or documents. It would require someone familiar with both TiddlyWiki plugin development and the Chemfig LaTeX package to create a seamless integration.

1 Like

Some limited molecular structures has being investigated by @Scott_Sauyet who created a Periodical table see Demo: Periodic Table, I am jot sure if his molecules were placed in another wiki but he can tell you.

There may be an addon for Katex as well?

Yes, and it would fit in well with my periodic table (and more) work that @TW_Tones alluded to. But as I understand it, that would be a quite large undertaking. MathJax and KaTex have both passed on it because it involved too much effort.

Now if there is a public Chemfig → svg/png server, there could well be an indirect manner of supporting this. But that would only work for a wiki that’s online, which might or might not be a problem. And I haven’t seen such a server.

The katex plugin already has mhchem.

This is a TiddlyWiki plugin for mathematical and chemical typesetting based on KaTeX from Khan Academy (v0.16) and mhchem through a Katex extension.

So nice typesetting but no diagrams.

I did assume the diagrams were the point, but I could well be wrong about that.

Yeah…I’d dived in before checking what Chemfig was, just had a remberence of something chemical in katex… I hang my head in shame. :slight_smile: