Change the template of new tiddler (managing access for other users of intranet TW)

Dear all,

I am developing a tiddlywiki app which will be used by internal users. I want them to be able to put information in the system (new tiddler). However, they should not be able to do all what is possible ; in particular, they should not be able to change tags.

I would like to make them select among specific tags, and only then press a create button in order to fill in the information needed. That means the user is going to create a new tiddler, with all the formatting he/she wants, but the tags must be set and he/she should not be able to modify them.

Is that possible at all ?

I thought about changing the new tiddler template, but I don’t know if such a template exist and where it would be.

Besides the tags, I would also like that there is no title : only the timestamp should identify the tiddler so that we can classify them by date later.

Thanks for any help.

Ah, in this thread your use-case is a bit clearer (but I actually saw your later post first).

In this kind of case, I’d recommend setting up a “form template” where the right kind of data is put into temporary fields. (See documentation https://tiddlywiki.com/#ActionCreateTiddlerWidget ) When all the data is drafted in this temporary way, a button action can check that all the values are within expected range, and then commit that data, if all looks complete, into a new tiddler (maybe even one that does not show an edit button, or one that doesn’t even get opened in the story river, but just quietly contributes to the data being archived in your project).

What kind of internal system do you have? If you’re running on node.js you may be especially interested in the MWS developments (Multi Wiki Server: Authentication and Authorization) that would more powerfully allow some people certain kinds of limited access, while other users (an administrator of the TiddlyWiki “app” you’re developing) can do more high-level things…

For the record see How to get a dropdown list of tags while typing in an edit text widget (like in the tag and field editor)

1 Like