Change Text Title in sidebar to picture

Question:
Is it possible to exchange the text “TidddlyWiki” (as shown below) with a picture or logo?
Or is it possible to add a picture or logo close to the text?

Thx in advance
Stefan

I have never considered that before but I tried it and,Yes you can.

In the Control Panel → Info tab, you can set the tiddlywiki title to be a transclusion of an image that you have stored in your wiki.

e.g. {{Logo}}

Where “Logo” is the title of an image tidder.

/Mike

1 Like

You can do anything you like with that space! I’ve got lots of stuff there that’s conditional on whether site is in reader or author mode, for example.

If you use an emoji or graphic font in your title or subtitle, it will also display on your browser’s tab title (in addition to the favicon) like this

I would recommend against having only a jpg or png transcluded in that title/subtitle space, because then a browser will not clearly identify your window/tab. (Or maybe that’s something you want? :smiling_imp:)

Alternately, you can put something in the browser’s tab/title area and NOT have it appear at top of sidebar, by putting that text (in the control panel’s site title area) in special css, as in @@display:none; TAB-HINT @@ (All css and html tags are ignored by the browser in rendering the tab title, at least on the browsers I’ve tried.)

-Springer

1 Like