Can you use multiple cursors in Code Mirror effectively?

I accidentally triggered multiple cursors in Code Mirror. I could see where this would be a useful tool in some situations. But I couldn’t find a reliable method to place the additional cursors (I used ctrl+click). Additional cursors kept popping into places I didn’t intend.

Is this feature supposed to be in there, or is it an accident?
Is there a sequence of keystrokes that will allow you to reliably set the location of additional cursors?

Usually you set eg. 2 cursors in 2 variable names that are the same. Then you can do a CTRL left or CTRL right, which goes to the start or the end of the variable. Then you can change the variable.

BUT … IMO find / replace would do a better job here.

It is handy, if you need to add something to the start or end of the line. So you set 2 cursors into 2 lines and then hit CTLR - END or CTRL - START …

But the problem is, how do I set the cursors? I would set one with ctl+click. Then set a second one with ctl+click … and the first cursor would move, no longer in the place where I had clicked.

That’s strange. … I did test it with: Palette Manager — EXPERIMENTAL where I did install CM so I can use it to develop the plugin

Forget using the mouse. Mark a word or some characters and press Ctrl+D (with the Sublime Text keyboard bindings, at least). Or go to the beginning of a line and press Ctrl+Alt+Up/Down.

Not at all. Imagine a bunch of similarly formatted lines where you’d want to transform all lines in the same way.

Mark multiple lines, and do the same actions – like selecting words, cutting them out, pasting them at the end or beginning of the line, add some prefix or some operators etc.

It’s really useful, almost as good as vim, I’d imagine.

Oh. I guess it does work with the default key set. I was using Vim, where it works in the sense that cursors are set, but not in the sense that they stay in their original locations.

Thanks!

I’m using CM Vim, which I guess is the problem. Not sure I’m up to learning yet another editor unless there’s a really compelling reason.

Thanks!