Can you correct a tag?

I noticed a spelling error in a tag …

… can you, meta, correct it here on https://talk.tiddlywiki.org?

Just asking for a friend, TT

Install the Relink plugin.

Create a tiddler with the same misspelled name as the misspelled tag.

After saving the tiddler, edit it and rename it. (enable Relink, via the check box, to apply change to that tiddler name everywhere.) That will cause all tags applied with the old tiddler name to be renamed with the new tiddler name.

Sorry. I meant on talk.tiddlywiki.org!

TT

Well commander plugin can do this job without need to “create a tiddler with the same misspelled name”.

But then again, that’s not what @TiddlyTweeter wants. :rofl:

Do check out Commander though. It’s a great plugin for the usual management tasks.

1 Like

Creating the tiddlers related to tags is often-enough part of my workflow. I like having “home pages” for tags of note.

Since I’ve got relink by-defacto installed in all my TiddlyWiki instances, it is my ready-made no-fuss-no-muss solution for renaming tags. Renaming a tiddler related to a tag feels way less of a cognitive workload for this kid.

If you’ve already got the Commander plugin as a defacto thing, then it and the setup of a batch thing would make sense. Too heavy for my liking. But by all means, batch away.

Man, two seconds back in TalkTiddly and I already regret it…

1 Like

It is understandable. “Tags” come up many places. It is easy to get confused. I will change the OP to try make the scope clearer.

TT

That ain’t it. That’s no biggie. If wrong solutions help bring clarity to an OP, that’s all good.

I am all for folk offering up different suggestions, but I get very annoyed by folk starting out their own suggestions with a critique/poopoo of mine.

(That’s just part and parcel of my cognitive disability and struggles: I can dissect the daylights out of any one topic with one person, but I can’t handle multiple people and multiple topics/subtopics in one thread of discussion. I also know I process and organise things very differently, and I am reminded at how “broken” I am when the very things I depend on are explicitly suggested as being the wrong way to go. Yeah, I’m not fit to participate here at all. It ain’t any of you. It’s me.)

1 Like

“Poopoo” as “critique” on the net has got seriously mixed up with excrement.

That makes it harder for me to poopoo your poopoo :slight_smile:!

A comment, TT

Oh poop.

Now I have a twisted version of that “Grey Poupon” commercial stuck in my head.

“Pardon me, would you have any grey poopoo?”

1 Like

I finally found a decent pooh-pooh

TT

1 Like