Can we change styling of tiddlywiki.com/static/ via a local stylesheet?

Background: I am beginning to use the “/static” version of TW via Iframes in a TW. Especially for reference. It is great & lightweight! Embeds well, quickly.

Issue: BUT. At the top there is a lot of stuff I don’t need to see. Like this …

My Question: Is there any How To? to provide a Local Stylesheet to restyle “/static” TW-com? I.e. can the /static pages find a “relative addressed” stylesheet?

I hope this is clear!
TT

What method do you use to generate export the static tiddlers?

I quick look around suggests $:/core/templates/exporters/StaticRiver/Content transcludes $:/core/templates/static-tiddler which contains;

<a name=<<currentTiddler>>>
<$transclude tiddler="$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate"/>
</a>

Theoretically if you make an alternate or clone of $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate and point to that instead it will be used to generate the static tiddlers. In your clone you remove the elements you do not want to appear on your static tiddler.

Perhaps changing this

<$list filter="[all[shadows+tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/ViewTemplate]!is[draft]]" variable="listItem">
<$transclude tiddler=<<listItem>>/>
</$list>

to only transude some named tiddlers, not all with the tag[$:/tags/ViewTemplate]

This may be the wrong template to change depending on the method you use to generate static tiddlers.

1 Like

Hi @TW_Tones Tx for the reply. It has merit.

BUT actually I was trying to find out if there is a way to re-style TW static official online reference docs at, for instance: https://tiddlywiki.com/static/SystemTags.

I hope this is clearer?
TT

Yes, I is just using a template you can freely modify, whether you do this via CSS or actually editing the templates output. I am not sure when it comes to the published versions.

• I don’t know how the static pages are generated for tiddlywiki.com but I expect it is a command being run, rather than an export from the interactive wiki.
    • The export all button exports a single HTML
    • The Tiddler > Export > Static HTML looks the same as static pages
  • The export can name the template to use, so it must exist somewhere, if it is not the default one.
  • CSS can be included in the template using <style></style> tags.

There are browser tools that allow you to override CSS on selected pages, that may be an approach.

Information

• This is the static tiddler exporter $:/core/templates/exporters/StaticRiver and the $:/core/templates/static-tiddler
  • $:/core/templates/html-tiddler
  • Search for shadows with the prefix $:/core/templates/ to see more

I am just not exactly sure of the correct tiddler, yet.

1 Like