Can the maths plugins work together!

Using the the graphing plugin I can take values from other tiddlers to be used in the graph.

Currently, I’m having to use some JS to do the equations but I’d like to use Evans Formula Plugin.

The usage can be seen below but JS maths is horrible!

So instead of

Math.pow(x,2)*parseFloat($tw.wiki.getTiddlerText('qa'))+x*parseFloat($tw.wiki.getTiddlerText('qb'))+parseFloat($tw.wiki.getTiddlerText('qc'))"

for a quadratic formula I’d like to be able to write (= x^2*{{qa}}+x*{{qb}}+{{qc}} =)

is this achievable?

I’d also settle for something a bit simpler!

<$graph color='blue' thickness='1' minX="-10" maxX="10" minY="-10" maxY="10" width='500' height='300' unitsPerTick= "2"
equation="Math.pow(x,2)*parseFloat($tw.wiki.getTiddlerText('qa'))+x*parseFloat($tw.wiki.getTiddlerText('qb'))+parseFloat($tw.wiki.getTiddlerText('qc'))">
1 Like

Evan’s Formula Plugin has been on my mind recently, especially since some of the new syntax standards and JSON filter operators may make writing/storing/pulling data & formulas more compact for these types of calculations.

I am currently working on a big update to my TW5-VSCode-Syntax plugin.
[GitHub - joshuafontany/VSCode-TW5-Syntax: TiddlyWiki5 Syntax Highlighting for Visual Studio Code]

Once I’m satisfied that is in a better state, I will add Formulas to the priority list. I’m not sure how quickly I can get to that, as I am also invovled in reading up on the Multi-Wiki-Server code, how to Authenticate a live/deployed TW5/MWS server, how to incorporate Infinite Canvas ideas into TW5, etc.

Yeah… :wink:

2 Likes

No rush.
Glad someone is thinking about it :slight_smile: