Can "It's About Time!" generate a list of the dates of all Thursdays from x to y?

Hello TIddlywikians, hello Eric in particular;-)
I recently rediscovered the great site with Time and Calendar plugins
https://tiddlytools.com/timer.html#
Can it generate a list of all the dates of all Thursdays in a time-period. This would be especially great for organizing courses at school.

Best wishes Jan

1 Like

I’ve just updated https://tiddlytools.com/timer.html#TiddlyTools%2FTime%2FCalendar so that “Timeline Events” can include a new timeline.days field. You can use the timeline.days field in combination with the timeline.start and timeline.end fields to define a “multi-day event range” that is limited to a space-separated list of specified days of the week.

For documentation, see https://tiddlytools.com/timer.html#TiddlyTools%2FTime%2FInfo, in the “TiddlyTools/Time/Events” section about “Timeline” and “Timeline Events”

Also, there are 3 new demo tiddlers:
https://tiddlytools.com/timer.html#SampleClassSchedule:SampleClassSchedule%20Calculus%20Physics
where:

• “SampleClassSchedule” defines a Timeline tag (with optional caption and eventcolor fields)
  • “Calculus” defines a ClassSchedule Timeline Event for every “Tuesday Thursday” from 20210101 to 20210531
  • “Physics” defines a ClassSchedule Timeline Event for every “Thursday” from 20210101 to 20210531

Let me know if this is sufficient for your desired use-case and if you have any problems.

enjoy,
-e

2 Likes

Hi Eric,
thanks a lot, this is great obligingness!

This is an elegant solution, but my usecase is slightly different:
I would use it to plan/document the subject of each lesson. Therefor, I need a list that contains the individual dates like in TiddlyTools/Time/Events.

(If you are interested, you can see the mechanism here, which is quite complicated because it is built to reuse the structure and sessions I already planned for previous courses.
I write the dates to a dictionary Tiddler, which atributes sessionnumbers to the dates.
The subjects of the lessons are attributed to these numbers. )
So thanks a lot and best wishes Jan

This is an elegant solution, but my usecase is slightly different:
I would use it to plan/document the subject of each lesson. Therefore, I need a list that contains the individual dates like in TiddlyTools/Time/Events.

I just posted another update to the Calendar code so that converting a Timeline to an Event List will add links to each individual dated event item.

After you define a “Timeline” and corresponding “Timeline Events”, you can convert them to a single “Event List” tiddler containing individual dates by using the “copy” button in the Calendar Settings for that Timeline:

1. open the Calendar Settings (gear icon).
  2. click the “menu” button for the desired Timeline (e.g., “SampleClassSchedule”)
  3. click the “copy” button for that Timeline

A new “Event List” tiddler will be created containing individual lines for each date in the Timeline. Each line is linked to an event tiddler using the Timeline Event title with the individual YYYYMMDD date appended.

For example, when you copy the “SampleClassSchedule” Timeline, each individual date for the “Calculus” and “Physics” Timeline Events will be listed in a newly created “SampleClassSchedule 1” Event List (which you can rename if you want). The events listed in this tiddler will include links to individual “Calculus_YYYYMMDD” and “Physics_YYYYMMDD” tiddler titles. Then, from the calendar display, you can click on a specific date to display the popup for that date, and then click on an individual event in the popup and it will open the corresponding dated event tiddler so you can edit it to add your lesson plan.

-e

1 Like

It is amazing that most the calendar is done in wikitext and has customization-options.
There are great features to discover like the import of. ics-calendars :spiral_calendar:!

Because I am not as fast, it will take me some time to implement it into my workflow.
Somehow to display the timeline-events I feel like I am missing an ingredient.

I imported a .json (67.9 KB) consiting of the following tiddler but don’t see the courseevents…

It is amazing that most the calendar is done in wikitext and has customization-options.
There are great features to discover like the import of. ics-calendars :spiral_calendar:!

Actually, ALL of the calendar code is written in wikitext. There’s no javascript or TWCore customizations involved.

The default settings in $:/config/TiddlyTools/Time don’t have the SampleClassSchedule enabled. To show those events, view the Calendar Settings (the cog button). Then click on “Class Schedule” to select the corresponding checkbox.

Note that you don’t actually NEED the following tiddlers to try out the Class Schedule Timeline:

• TiddlyTools/Time/Events - the “Default Events” list
  • TiddlyTools/Time/Setup - the Calendar has it’s own built-in settings interface
  • $:/config/TiddlyTools/Time - it will be created as needed
  • SampleTimeline - the “Science Timeline” - an example of a Timeline

enjoy,
-e

1 Like

Heureka: After some searching I found the cause: The Weekday-names have to be written in the chosen language!