Can “It’s About Time!” list Journal tiddlers when using a translation?

I’m evaluating the macro tiddlytools calendar.

If I use the tiddlywiki in English In calendar grid view, in calendar grid view, each day displays the journals tiddler.

When I switch to my language (Italian) the macro cant display the "Diario = Journal " Tiddlers.

My temporary fix was adding also the tag Journal to the olds and new “Journal Tiddler”.

Any suggestion how to use only the tag belonging to the used language?

Thank

Marco G.

I’ve just updated TiddlyTools/Time/Calendar so that the internal getjournals() macro no longer uses the hard-coded “Journal” tag value, and instead gets the journal tag(s) from the $:/config/NewJournal/Tags configuration tiddler (see $:/ControlPanel > info > “Tags for new journal tiddlers”).

Note that the default value for this TWCore shadow tiddler is automatically adjusted to use a value defined by the currently selected language (see $:/ControlPanel > info >“Hello! Current language”). Thus, when you select “Italian” as the current language, the journal tag value used by the Calendar will be “Diario” instead of “Journal”.

You can get the updated tiddler here:
https://tiddlytools.com/timer.html#TiddlyTools%2FTime%2FCalendar

For those who are interested, the change in getjournals() was actually quite straightforward:

<$list filter="[tag[Journal]!has[draft.of]]">

was replaced by with

<$vars journalTags={{{ [{$:/config/NewJournal/Tags}] [{$:/config/NewJournal/Tags!!tags}] +[join[ ]] }}}>
<$list filter="[enlist<journalTags>tagging[]!has[draft.of]]">

enjoy,
-e

3 Likes

I really appreciate you doing this!

Also Marco if you don’t yet have a Diario tag tiddler create the “Journal Tag tiddler” and rename it to Diario for a quick rename everywhere.