Browser Sniff and Browser Storage Plugins

Would you please explain me in non-technical language what are these plugins?
When I should install them?
Does they keep my settings (like them, new tiddler I have created) for an online wiki like https://tiddlywiki.com/?

If you open the ControlPanel Plugins Tab and select the Browser Sniff plugin, you can click the chevron button.

It will open the plugin details. If you open the usage tab, you’ll see that this plugin creates several $:/info/ tiddlers, that you can use in your own wiki code.

If you don’t need that info you shouldn’t install the plugin.

2 Likes

The browser storage plugin will store tiddlers that you change or create in the browser local storage.

So no info is sent to the internet. Everything is stored locally on your harddisk. You only need to be careful, that you don’t clear your browser storage.

There are some browser settings which will automatically delete content if you close the browser. … So you’ll need to make sure, that those settings are disabled.

Yes, BUT tiddlywiki.com didn’t install this plugin. If you drag and drop the plugin to tiddlywiki.com it will be imported …

BUT … The browser needs to be reloaded for the plugin to be activated. Reloading the page will “undo” the installation.

So you can only use that plugin for sites, where you do have write access.

hope that helps