Broken link in one of the tiddlers?

Hello,
Came across this tiddler, which no longer has a working link in it:
“Drift - Collect, Organise, Grow.” by Tony K
it points to 404: https://akhater.github.io/drift/

same for: TiddlyResearch" by Kebi

If you expect the creators of those wikis to see this, then you should at least probably mention the wikinames in the title of this thread.

Besides, are you looking for something special? The internet is full of dead links…

@lszyba1 thank you for reporting the broken links on tiddlywiki.com
Unfortunately I think both of those editions have been discontinued.

Hopefully someone can create a documentation update for tiddlywiki.com

If you are looking for tiddlywiki resources, also have a look at the links site though these two links are also broken there:
https://links.tiddlywiki.org/

TiddlyResearch has been superseded by TiddlyStudy by the same author: My TiddlyWiki — a non-linear personal web notebook

You can find a copy of drift here (click on the HTML file, and then right click on the download button and choose “save as”): drift-tiddlywiki-template/drift at master · bmann/drift-tiddlywiki-template · GitHub

But not sure if community resources should be maintained on an ongoing basis, considering the hoops you have to navigate. Easier to just maintain links.

Also posted own changes for links.tiddlywiki.org.

1 Like

Once links.tiddlywiki.org was up and running I had intended to replace the community links on tw5.com with a dynamic feed of the latest links from links.tiddlywiki.org. For the moment I think it would be an improvement just to replace them with a link to links.tiddlywiki.org (as usual, we shouldn’t completely delete tiddlers from tw5.com so as to preserve historic inbound links).

1 Like

A) I was thinking if the link doesn’t work then a tiddler should be maybe deleted.
b) if we know a new link updated.
c) if below is what is preferred, then that’s ok. I know google - seo for bad links, but that would be the only reason I can think off.
“as usual, we shouldn’t completely delete tiddlers from tw5.com so as to preserve historic inbound links)”

Keeping tiddlers containing dead links should acknowledge the link is dead and if possible provide a replacement etc…

• However this may justify removing some of the tiddlers tags so it no longer appears in lists because of this loss of validity.
  • The tiddler will still be found by someone searching for this legacy resource or via permalink.

Apologies for the confusion, I am not suggesting keeping the dead links that @lszyba1 reported. I was specifically replying to @Mark_S about the broader future of tiddlers like “Community”, “Resources” etc. Those tiddlers have been commonly externally linked and so we should retain them.

1 Like

No confusion, I understood, change/remove dead links, retain tiddlers

1 Like