Bold font in lists

The name of some tiddlers, when in a list, is in a bold font, f.i. $:/ControlPanel or $:/Commander. How is this done? It is not a special tag, a special field or only because it is a system tiddler. I want to use this feature to make some tiddlers stand out in my things-to-do wiki.

Greetings,
Sjaak

1 Like

That particular mechanism is not going to help with your to-do lists: this bold carries the information that the tiddler in question is a shadow tiddler that has no local override.

Stil, you can format list items, including links, in various conditional ways.

The details of how to do it depend on the details of what you want:

• Do you want a certain title to have certain formatting stand-out features always (whenever there’s a link to it), or…
  • Do you want to be able to vary the conditions on a per-list basis
    ** For example: maybe one list bolds or highlights things that are overdue, and another list bolds or highlights things that have a certain tag…

I really like the linkstyle package by @twMat for the first behavior. For example, see it in action here:

I have a color defined for each tiddler in that list (in the table), and the title always displays in that color (and I can add stuff to show after the link, or other styling, as needed).

The lists you are talking about are lists of tiddler titles which are not simple text but also links. The bold and non bold formatting is what’s happens to links, not nessasarily to items in lists.

The way links look is a type of standard we use both in tiddlywiki and throughout the internet. How they look is additional information about the link.

• yes you can change the way they look but it is good to keep in mind the conventions, even if you break them sometimes.

Thanks for the replies. It will take some more experimenting but I again learned about TW’s possibilities.