Boblinux and saving data

I’ve started BobLinux and it runs fine. Fine, but in a way that is somewhat obscure to me.

I created a new wiki within bob. Nothing appears on my filesystem.

Within that new wiki, I modify $:/config/FileSystemExtensionsand $:/config/FileSystemPaths so has to save my fiddler on my system as single files (the way it works on a regulat tiddlywiki nodejs server):

for $:/config/FileSystemExtensions:

[field:type[application/x-tiddler-dictionary]then[.dic]]
[field:type[text/vnd.tiddlywiki]then[.tw5]]
[field:type[]then[.tw5]]
[field:type[text/plain]then[.txt]]

for $:/config/FileSystemPaths:

[is[system]!has[draft.of]removeprefix[$:/]search-replace:g[_],[-]search-replace:g:regexp[/+],[_]slugify[]search-replace:g:regexp[(-|\.)*_+(-|\.)*],[/]search-replace:g:regexp[^\.+(-*|\.*)*|\.+],[.]search-replace:g:regexp[-\.|\.-],[-]search-replace:g:regexp[^-|^\.|-$|\.$|_$],[]addprefix[_system/]]
[is[draft]slugify[]addprefix[_drafts/]]
[!is[system]slugify[]search-replace:g:regexp[_+],[-]search-replace:g:regexp[^\.+(-*|\.*)*|\.+],[.]search-replace:g:regexp[-\.|\.-],[-]search-replace:g:regexp[-+],[-]search-replace:g:regexp[^-|^\.|-$|\.$|_$],[]]

Then I created a new tiddler. And still nothing appears within my filesystem.

The shell console also states:

Save Tiddler  test
Save Tiddler  $:/config/FileSystemExtensions
Save Tiddler  $:/config/FileSystemPaths

I’m at loss…Please help me!

I am not sure Bob supports those configuration options. I didn’t spend a lot of time cleaning up the code or making sure it worked in any way other than with the default settings.
For most of the past year I have been busy with a long-term project but I should hopefully have more time to update Bob soon.

But don’t be surprised if Bob doesn’t work with any of the more advanced settings, or anything added after version 5.1.23.

I am looking forward to getting back into developing Bob, but I don’t have any estimate on how long it will be before I have time.

1 Like

Thank you @inmysocks for all these explanations. I can now act in full knowledge and plan accordingly.

But here is a good piece of news: the renaming configuration I told yesterday is in fact working. Today, I’ve been able to locate the data produced by boblinux and see it was as I expected. What I did not expect was the root of al boblinux data, which is in the Wikis directory it has created in the same directory where the excecutable boblinux is situated (which is not where I launched that executable). However, I can provide a link of the same 'Wikis`name pointing to where I want to store the data. Is there a configuration setting to tell more elegantly where to store the data?

In fact, not all file naming scheme was correct. Instruction from $:/config/FileSystemPathsare respected, but none from $:/config/FileSystemExtensions. This I prefere rather the contrary but it means that I can’t separate the metadata from the text itself for regular tw5 tiddlers.

@inmysocks if you please could have a look at that $:/config/FileSystemExtensions problem, it would be very helpful as it would allow me to run either bob or tiddlywiki server on my data storage (but not at the same time of course).