Bob and BobEXE 1.7.6 Something Wiki This Way Comes

I finally got around to putting the various changes I have made to Bob since the last release together. I kept forgetting to do more than just update my local version so I don’t have a very detailed changelog.
It is updated to use TiddlyWiki 5.3.3

The code is here Release Something Wiki This Way Comes · OokTech/TW5-Bob · GitHub
The bundled BobEXE version is here Release Something Wiki This Way Comes · OokTech/TW5-BobEXE · GitHub

Enjoy.

Incomplete Changelog

• Update the ws external library to [ext[version 8.14.2|https://github.com/websockets/ws/releases/tag/8.14.2]]
    • Remove the async-limiter external library, it is no longer a dependency of ws
  • Update the IP external libarry to [ext[v1.1.8|https://github.com/indutny/node-ip/releases/tag/v1.1.8]]
  • Remove more redundant messages and function calls
  • Fix the folding wiki listing so it doesn’t duplicate entries when one wiki name is a prefix of another name.
  • (undocumented and very experimental) Add option for uploading photos as thumbnails (requires some external components, need documentation)
  • Update the default mime map for which media types are saved on the server as external files
  • Fix some problems where alerts didn’t get sent to the browser correctly
  • General improvements to error handling
4 Likes

Thanks for your effort again @inmysocks;
I am very keen to use Bob again. I installed BobWin.exe made it visible on the network

• and created a child wiki OK (using the bob edition)

Pictures

• I activated the media server and server images (by wiki)
    • It is constructing the current tiddler with canonical and downloads the image, but not displaying them for some reason, the resulting paths seem correct on image tiddlers.

However I just tried to create a new child wiki by pointing at an existing html wiki and each time I did this with different wiki files. nothing happens and I got the following on the console;

• WebSocket error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'wiki' of undefined

I imagine it’s hard to test every feature of Bob when you do updates. So I hope this helps.

Same error here when I use “existing html”

I am getting the same WebSocket error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'wiki' of undefined for creating from single.html wiki