Block protocol - a great fit for TiddlyWiki?

I just wanted to share something with the community.

Here is a short explanation of the block protocol.

TiddlyWiki is in a great position to leverage this protocol. More interoperability could draw in users from proprietary platforms. And this also seems intuitively the right thing to do!

Best,

-Álvaro.
[1] Quickstart tutorial: Block Protocol - Documentation
[2] Rationale Making the web better. With blocks! – Joel on Software

1 Like

Like this?

Actualy it looks more like application blocks, a bit like the Guttenberg editor in wordpress.

I was involved in a discussion about BP on Twitter:

3 Likes

:dart:

   

1 Like

There is some previous discusion about this on google groups.

https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/tiddlywiki/c/IxoxWxfA_DM/m/G5g1vwZ0BgAJ

https://ooktech-tw.gitlab.io/plugins/tiddly-block-wiki-chain/

:slight_smile:

PLease ignore. this is me not RTFOP (Read The Full Original Post)

@Ste_W If I understood correctly, this is not related to the blockchain. The block protocol is a spec that define how to create standardized web component like a form, a task list, etc. It attempt to define how to structure data for data driven UI component. They provide several examples :

This is meant to be used as embedded block in web editors like wordpress and such.

In my opinion this article from Joel Spolsky (stackoverflow co-founder) explains it better than the official website :

2 Likes

Ahhh, my bad! I shall have a read!

Have read it, that’s much more exciting and interesting! Yes TW sounds like it should be block-tastic!
Though reading @jeremyruston comments, perhaps not!
I guess we have plugins to fill that gap.

My comment was very much from the perspective of TW core development, but shouldn’t put us off exploring BP on its own terms. I think it would be technically feasible for TW to embed these blocks, and to make these blocks out of TiddlyWiki, but I think it would require a server that is on the Internet. Nonetheless, I’d still welcome plugins to achieve those integrations.

1 Like

awesome ideia! So… it looks like Introduction to Storybook - stores ui/ux elements of the app