Beta documentation flow

Here’s my thought.

There is already a system for collecting links. People register their site and then periodically links are collected.

What if we had the same sort of system, but for TW documentation? The harvester would pick up the changed tiddlers and import them. The results would be published to something like {address}/tw-beta.html and would include disclaimers indicating that the texts have not been fully vetted. The warning could appear at the top of every tiddler even and could direct people to tiddlywiki.com for authoritative information.

Then, periodically, volunteers could turn submitted tiddlers into PR’s on the main project. This way average people could contribute with a minimal of exposure to GH, allowing updates and fixes to happen faster.

Something like this happens in the Linux world, where distributions are either stable or unstable. The unstable distributions have the latest updates and software, but haven’t been fully vetted. The stable distributions have been around for awhile and are considered safe.

Thanks @Mark_S – it’s great that you’re suggesting building off of the links aggregator. The underlying mechanism is conceptually fairly simple for TW users: pull a bunch of tiddlers from the web into a wiki and then render the wiki as a static site. But it makes a powerful component to use as a primitive to conceptualise and build more complex systems.

As you infer, I think it might be surprisingly quick to build what you’re suggesting, and I’ll be eager to give it a try once v5.2.0 is released.